[Dixielandjazz] Excerpts from SBNOJC January 2011 BLUE NOTE

Bob Brodsky rfoxbro at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 14:35:38 PST 2011

 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FROM THE SOUTH BAY NEW ORLEANS JAZZ CLUB !!!!  BOB BRODSKY

Excerpts from  November BLUE NOTE

             The BLUE NOTE is the monthly newsletter of the South Bay New Orleans Jazz Club (of Redondo Beach)

                                    Here are some of the January 2011 issue highlights:

 SBNOJC      Meets 2nd Sunday Monthly 1:00 to 5:00 P.M. Knights of Columbus Hall - 310 397 6616
 214 Avenue “I”, Redondo Beach

PROGRAMS

JANUARY  9,  2011

HYPERION OUTFALL SERENADERS - BOB WHITE

FEBRUARY 13, 2011
FIDDLESTICKS AND IVORY  - BOB DANIS/MARY SMITH

MARCH 13, 2011

JERRY ROTHSCHILD'S RAGTIMERS

 FEATURE BAND FOR JANUARY 2011
                                                             BOB WHITE AND THE HYPERION OUTFALL SERENADERS

Multi-talented leader Bob White on cornet and with vocals has staffedtheband with excellent players which include the wives of the group.They are the official band of Manhattan Beach and perform regularlyatnumerous city sponsored events. They have kindly offered to openourseason with an entertaining program. Our thanks to Bob and hisserenaders for stepping up to the plate. Don’t miss ‘em!

FEATURE BAND FOR DECEMBER,2010
CHET JAEGER’S NIGHTBLOOMING JAZZMEN

Chet and his wonderful Night BloomingJazzmen have been our December Holiday Treat for many years. Wow! What a Band! The Night Bloomers were as follows: Chet Jaeger - leader,cornet, DickDoner - trombone,vocals, Corey Gemme - reeds, Vinnie Armstrong- piano, Brad Roth - banjo, guitar,Don Richardson - bass, guitar and Larry Kostka - percussion, vocals. The band provided Christmas andholiday selections to the delight of all who attended. Theirperformance included feature selections from Vinnie Armstrong onpiano and Brad Roth on guitar and vocal selections by Dick DonerandLarry Kostka - This is one great band, no kidding!Our Thanks!

MUSICIANS  DECEMBER  2010

SBNOJC was fortunate to have the following musicians in October:BobAllen, Barry Anthony, C J Sams, Larry Cosgrove, Bob Downum,JackFreeman, Paul Goldman, Jerry Goodman, Frank Greco, JimmyGreen, Gene Hill, Pete Kier, Thomas Mann, Gene Marklevitz, DaveMickelson, Bill Mitchell, David Newton, John Norton, RobertoPasquariello, Jerry Rothschild, Alan Shelton, Ray Siegele, Jay Stock,Mike Stubbs, Tank Tanaka, Richard Tucker, Bob Waner, Bob White,Lucky Wright

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

President                       Paul Goldman                   310 293 2910
& Blue Note Assist.    goldperson51 at yahoo.com

Vice President                Jerry Goodman                    310 320 0009

Treasurer                       Anita Gold                      949 770 4690

Secretary & Historian                            Bob Brodsky                     310 937 1811
rfoxbro at aol.com

Blue Note Editor           Pete Kier   310 397 6616
     & Music Director             petekier at aol.com

Assist. Music Dir.          Earl      Newton

     310 829  9789

    General Consultant           Bob Allen

     323 291 5686

Publicity & Promo    Bob White

     310 376 2591

 Raffle Tickets                Yvonne Mitchell

     714 528 1534

 Snack Table -  Polly Goodman

Past President)   Larry Cosgrove            310 645 9361

Raffle Prizes                  Ann Norton                     310 831 3525

                                                                         FROM THE PRESIDENT

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Now that January is upon us we all can strategize and plan for theremainder of the year 2011. Some of us make resolutions and try tostay on track, while others forge ahead and “resolve” on a dayto day basis. Either way our prime goal should be to “Keep Jazz Alive.”

Throughout the year we all should try to:
1. Bringsomeone new to the SBNOJC Sunday concerts.
2. Upgradeyour membership to Contributing, Sustaining or Patron.
3. Enjoythe music.
4. HAVE FUN.

The Board of Directorsresolves to continueto bring top quality musicians and bands  to the club for your enjoyment. With your help, SBNOJCwill have anotherprosperous  year and will meet all ourresolutions.

Advertising Works

You may noticein  this  issue  we  have an ad for the  Rosy McHargue  tribute.Not only does the ad promotethe tribute andbring more people to the event; it also brings additional revenue tothe  club. We welcome additional advertising. If  you know  of an organization, group or just want to promote  your businessand get more results,advertise in the Blue Note. The rates are inexpensiveandyour  ad will assist us  in meeting monthly expenses.Contact Blue Note editor, Pete Kier, 310-397-6616;  and he will be happy to explainhow you can advertise in the Blue Note.

Paul Goldman, President SBNOJC
goldperson51 at yahoo.com