[Dixielandjazz] News From Bria Skonberg

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Feb 27 07:54:39 PST 2011

Hellooooo everyone!
It's been a while since I've updated and, well, a lot has happened! I'm doing really
well; 2010 was a huge transition in so many ways and I'm starting to feel settled
here in NY.. practicing, running, and I have some local opportunities coming up that
I'd like to share with you.  I realize not everyone is local; Feel free to send this
to friends/family/enemies you have in the area, and as always let me know with a
"no thanks" if you'd rather not get these emails. I'll be recording a new album this
Spring and doing some traveling in the months ahead so I hope we can cross paths
and catch up!!  My current schedule up until November is available on my site:
www.briaskonberg.com
 ;   I've added a little blog there too, and I publish my most up to date adventures
on Facebook.
Coming up:
TODAY! Sunday Feb 27th-  Say goodbye to Valentine's month with the Baby Soda Jazz
Band at Barbes in Brooklyn, 9-11 pm. This place has an intimate but open room (good
for dancing!) 376 9th Street.  Baby Soda is a fantastic band of young professionals
that really know how to play trad jazz and I love any chance I get to be with them.
www.babysoda.org
Nicholas Payton Big Band @ Dizzy's Coca Cola, March 1-6
I am so thrilled to be on this and to soak up the music of this amazing ground breaking
artist! If you are local or visiting that week you can find me in the trumpet section
nightly.
www.nicholaspayton.com
Wednesdays, March 9th and 16th
Tuba player/lawyer David Ostwald hosts an 11 year running gig at Birdland with the
Louis Armstrong Centennial Band.  5:30-7:15 pm, $10 and always a great line-up.
Thursday March 10th  Baby Soda plays the "Music Without Borders" series @ the Cupping
Room, 8-11 pm.
www.cuppingroomcafe.com
Saturday March 12th I'll be with Baby Soda again at Moto in Brooklyn, 9:30-12.  This
is a really funky little place with good food and decent beers; The hanging bike
outside cracks me up.
www.cafe-moto.com
Friday March 18th,Solomon Douglas is back in New York!  I've played in Solomon's
group now for over four years whenever possible and it'll be a big party when the
Swingtet plays this night.  I don't even know where or when it is it, it's that exciting.
Manhattan TBA, dance party from 9:30 pm on.
March 25-27 It's BIG BANG JAZZ TIME at the Redwood Coast Music Festival in Eureka,
California! I haven't been here for a couple of years and have always loved the vibe
of the festival.  BIG BANG is my long time band from Chilliwack (and beyond) and
it is a joyous occasion when we get to play together.
http://briaskonberg.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5bb905a25d9ff7d9295b72994&id=c2896f9f78&e=90044daa29
Thanks everyone; Have a great day!!
love Bria