[Dixielandjazz] Golden Eagle Jazz Band

CreightB at aol.com CreightB at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 12:57:23 PST 2011

I just got goose pimples listening to Chris Norris sing Downhearted  Blues.
 A beautiful person and singer lost way, way too soon.   Since leaving the
Bay Area in '97 we lost touch with many of the bands we liked  so much.
Allegedly the Eagles band was to put out a memorial album  for Chris, but I
never heard anything more on that.  Just wondering where  all the musicians are
now: Dick Shoohsan, Ken Smith, Glenn Calkins, Leon Crabb,  Walter Sereth
and such.  I do know where Mike Fay is playing.  Always  really enjoyed their
style, and Glenn Calkins has an intriguing approach to the  trombone.

Creight Bricker - Lurker
No matter how  much you push the envelope, it'll still be  stationery.