[Dixielandjazz] ] Other outstanding banjoists!-Sandy Gumpert writes

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 22 18:46:46 PST 2011

DJML :Musicians & Jazzfans lists
From:  norman Vickers, jazz society of Pensacola

Sandy Gumpert-- widow of Don Gumpert, cornetist and bandleader, wants to add
banjoist Lee Floyd to the list of outstanding banjoists.
Lee and Don played together at Rosie O'Grady's in Pensacola.  Lee had played
with New Christy Minstrels, Disney organization and now is active in the New
Orleans scene.  See his website for details.

Now if someone will send me the comprehensive banjoist list, we can end this
thread.  In fact, one more banjoist for the Musicians and Jazzfans list and
we'll end the thread. ( For DJML it takes on a life of its own, so I can
only suggest....!)
Norman