[Dixielandjazz] A French Jazz Festival

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Feb 22 15:31:41 PST 2011

Hi All,

I present a YouTube clip that depicts our Jazz aux Sources festival from
the eyes of a swing dance fan with a camcorder.  It isn't at all a
professional video in any means.  At times, the sound is awful and I
don't understand the last 30 seconds at all.

What it does show is the ambiance at this festival
(http://www.jazz-aux-sources.com/ - this year, June 9-12).  At the
beginning, you are in the second line behind a parade version of Sac à
Pulses.  The camera man was clearly more interested in the dancers than
the musicians.  But here, look at the ages and the enthusiasm.  Old time
jazz is alive and well, ... but, in Europe.  I've been trying to get
Alida to bring a bunch of you over here for some time.  Maybe anyone
interested could pester her too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZ_ZkIVFp4

All the best, Gary

Gary Kiser