[Dixielandjazz] stirring the pot

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 09:52:34 PST 2011

Paul:

Trouble is, you can't find a fifth anymore.  For years, when  Independence
Day was approaching, I would say,

"And have a fifth for the fourth".  Somehow it has just lost it's meaning
when you have to refer to a .75 liter.

 But on a serious note (Harry Callaghan being serious?) I acqured a rather
unusual album awhile back by a band based in Natick, Massachusetts.  Gary
Bohan, who plays cornet, heads it and it is called the Hot Vintage Jazz
Band.

I came by it as it has banjoist/vocalist Jimmy Mazzy guest-starring on it.
However, the basic band has a guitarist named Jim Damian in lieu of a
banjoist and the clarinetist, Ted Casher alternates on tenor sax.......still
maintaining a dixieland sound, very interesting indeed

Anyone interested may contact Gary at gmbohan at aol.com.

HC

--
Didja evah wonder why there are more horses' asses than there are
horses?