[Dixielandjazz] Open The Door Richard

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Feb 21 14:24:58 PST 2011

I remember as a kid hearing a recording of "Open The Door Richard."

For years I saw a trio walking around Disneyland.  The clarinet player, Jack McVea, (pronounced Mec Vay) was the first one to record the song in 1946.  Since then there has been several covers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_the_Door,_Richard

I'd love to hear the original version to see if that is the one I remember.  In fact, I'd like to hear any of the versions that were recorded.

If anyone has them, could you make a MP3 and email to me?

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"First Lady Michelle Obama told 'Regis & Kelly' she was expecting jewelry on Valentine's
Day. She said it wouldn't be anything extravagant because Barack tends to be responsible
when he's spending his own money." -Jay Leno