[Dixielandjazz] Goofus Five ~ Cotton Pickers ~ Charlie Panelli

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 18 15:43:29 PST 2011

Bill,

As you mentioned the Red Hot Site here's two tracks that stood out for me
when I trawled through.

Goofus Five's I Wonder What's Become Of Joe? - a joyful performance that had
me grinning. Banjoist not bad Tommy Felline (who's he?)
a young Abe Lincoln, and a nice solo from Rollini.

Cotton Picker's  Do Yo' Dooty Daddy.

What can you tell me about the trombonist Charlie Panelli - now forgotten
but often recorded and seems to me a first class Dixielander.

Richard