[Dixielandjazz] Music software

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Thu Feb 17 11:31:48 PST 2011

Hi Bob,

As you say, there are numerous programs, some better at some things and
others better at others. On top of that, they are constantly changing,
so this year's model of program X might be better at a certain task than
program Y, but next year's they could reverse.

My suggestion is to research the products, look at features you want,
then download trial versions of your top 3 and try them out.

I use Finale and like it, but haven't upgraded in years so I'm sure its
capabilities have expanded greatly beyond what I have. I've also heard
good things about Sibelius.

Also, some offer cheaper versions without all the bells and whistles so
you might not have to invest as much to get the features you need.

Good luck!

Beth Schweitzer