[Dixielandjazz] Milenenburg Joys -- previous topic

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 16 17:32:17 PST 2011

Hello Folks,

I cannot believe that I have beaten several authorities in a somewhat
belated response to a question about a vocal to Milenburg Joys. I knew that
I had it somewhere but it has taken me weeks to find.

Mike Daniels band recorded this in a BBC broadcast and was subsequently
released in 1995

I have long been a great fan of Daniels'clt player at that time, in fact
John Barnes , who I use to listen to every Friday night when he was a member
of the Zenith  6 in Manchester was probably the first person to to really
get me confirmed as a believer in the potential of local musicians

John sat in with Daniels at the Bodega when the regular man was not
available. It did not take long until Mike offered him a place in his band.
This was a shock to me, at the same time Daniels "stole" The Angel from the
Saints. This was of no concern to me."The Angel"sings on this tune. I would
be please to forward this recording to any true lover of the Daniels band
which Colyer said was along with Steve Lane's Southern Stompers the only
band that me t with his approval in the U.K.

Cheers,

Glen Page.