[Dixielandjazz] small band--bebop--dixieland

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:49:29 PST 2011

Hello Ken,
Many critics have put the JATP sessions down as "rabble rousers."
Some of my friends (older than I) still say they don't like the mess
and the artificial excitement.  But then, that's what critics said
about Paul Gonsalves' solo on Diminuendo and Crescendo at the
1956Newport Jazz Festival.
I just love the JATP, which also shows how compatible musicians from
the various camps (swing and bop) were.
Cheers