[Dixielandjazz] National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Masters award

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 16 12:30:32 PST 2011

Stephen G Barbone reported:
> President Obama's 2012 budget proposal, delivered to Congress on Monday, proposes to eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts' Jazz Masters award. The change is one part of a significant budget reduction for the NEA at large.

Dear Steve,
Not that is affects us foreigners, but I was interested to know how many recipients of the Jazz Masters Award fitted into MKOM (My Kind Of Music).
As I expected, not many by the look of it, particularly in recent years.
However, your list would be longer than mine!
*>)
Here it is
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEA_Jazz_Masters
Very kind regards,