[Dixielandjazz] Shearing & dixieland

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 14 13:28:32 PST 2011

Harry Callaghan wrote [in part]:
> He even recorded one album with a dixieland band but I can't be absolutely
> sure if they listed the personnel on it.
> ............but I'm sure "Our Man Down Under" will know

Dear Harry,
It was a Concord album.
'George Shearing in Dixieland'.
Concord Jazz CJ388, CCD4388 [CD] and Concord 228E-8019 [CD].
   George Shearing - piano, Warren Vache - cornet, Kenny Davern - clarinet,  George Masso - trombone, Ken Peplowski - tenor saxophone, Neil Swainson - bass, Jerry Fuller - drums.
New York. 14-15 February 1989

Clap Your Hands (George & Ira Gershwin)
Mighty Like the Blues (Leonard Feather)
Truckin' (Ted Koehler & Rube Bloom)
Fascinating Rhythm (George & Ira Gershwin)
Destination Mood (Marvin Fisher & Roy Alfred)
New Orleans (Hoagy Carmichael)
Soon (George & Ira Gershwin)
Take Five (Paul Desmond)
Lullaby of Birdland (George Shearing & George Weiss)
Jazz Me Blues (Tom Delaney)
Blue Monk (Thelonious Monk)
Desafinado (A. Carlos Jobim)
Honeysuckle Rose (Thomas "Fats" Waller & Andy Razaf)
Alice in Dixieland (George Shearing)

I do not have it.
*>)
Kind regards,