[Dixielandjazz] A thank-a you boys! (And girls!)

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Fri Feb 11 09:10:51 PST 2011

Greetings from the coldest place on the coldest night of the month in
North Michigan.
Since notice of my recent heart attack on Monday, many of the listees
were kind enough to express their
concern and hopes for recovery.  Thanks, amigos!
Update: I receieved a stent, and was sent home the next day. Had a
post-hospital visit with my Cardio guy this
fricking cold, icy morning  - great on the lungs until you get inside
the car. So far, so very good. I am now taking sven pills - four from
previous
allergy and asthma control and three now ones for the ticker. They also
gave me a little vial of tiny pills made of nitroglycerine - just in case
I need them or if I want to blow up some club owner who stiffed me and
da boys!.
A small amount of diet restriction will be adjusted but it was already
pretty good. Fornow I have to cool it on things like running any current
marathons,
entering the Iron Man contest, and taking up the soprano sax to play
like Kenny G. (Ears can sustain damage, too!)
Again, my thanks to all who expressed their concerns and sent good
wishes - and it seems to have worked just fine. As one of our other
long-timers was wont to say,
"Is this a great list or what?"
Don Ingle