[Dixielandjazz] Floating Down The Old Green River

Roy (Bud) Taylor budtuba at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:05:44 PST 2011

There seems to be a lot on Green River when you do a Google search.  The
original company was closed in the 1930s and passed hands several times.  It
was a later company that used the regrets reference.  They also made a brass
coin that was a promotional device and they are available on Ebay, etc. for
about $10-12 each.  My story about them making a soft drink was inaccurate.
There was a Green River soft drink made in Chicago and was popular in the
midWest.  It may be coming back onto the market.  The company also made a
vodka called Mountain Dew which is now a soft drink.  Apparently, Al Jolson
made a record Green River, but I have not been able to determine if it was
Floating Down etc.

--
Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band