[Dixielandjazz] Lip Synching the Star Spangled Banner

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 05:50:22 PST 2011

Steve;

I did not mean to suggest that Whitney might have been the only one to  have
ever lypsyched it,  It was the only one that Wikipedia chose to make mention
of.  If indeed there were others, I did not know of them..

Getting off the National Anthem discussion for the moment, have you seen the
TV commercial where Jennifer Hudson sings "I'm Feelin' Good".?

I have recordings of it by Nina SImone, Frank Sinatra Jr. and Michael Buble
but never have I heard it done as JH does it (and that's not a compliment)

I think it's a commerical for Weight Watchers
But I do have to agree with you that whoever it was that was responsible for
having Key adapt his poem to a British drinking song was obviously no Mitch
Miller or George Avakian.

Now all you people have got to stop  bothering me so I can go find my John
McCormack "Star Spangled Banner"

Tides,
HC

--