[Dixielandjazz] Sickening, really

Rich Howard flinthillsdad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:41:18 PST 2011

On this listserv, I observe that pretty much everyone contributing is at
least uncomfortable if not very unhappy  with the rendition of the Star
Spangled Banner as performed by Miss Aguilera.  On other listservs and
social sites of which I am a member, most of the negative comments are aimed
at the half time show as presented by the "Black-eyed Peas".  I am pleased
to say I missed both performances.  I am almost never happy with the
National Anthem rendition, whether it is at the Super Bowl or the local
baseball game unless it is done straight and am not comfortable with the
Super Bowl half time extravaganza as it has evolved over the years.  Getting
old and grumpy but I still know what I like.

Richie