[Dixielandjazz] Super Bowl National Anthem

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 09:43:21 PST 2011

polite snip from Steve's post:

Good point, but who will verify that they could sing it successfully?

Have any of our British friends heard "To Anacreon in Heaven" sung?

Did the song survive? Does the Anacreontic Society (A gentlemen's club

of amateur musicians), who sang this song still exist?

The answer to this profound question is blowin'in the wind Steve,

Of course the society exists,  look at how many amateur musicians
are playing and blowing wind all over the world.

 They have survived and multiplied greatly :))   Rotflol

On Feb 7, 2011, at 10:41 AM, Ron L'Herault wrote:

> On the other hand, if a bunch of drunken Englishmen could

> successfully sing

> it, why can't we?

> Ron L

Good point, but who will verify that they could sing it successfully?

Have any of our British friends heard "To Anacreon in Heaven" sung?

Did the song survive? Does the Anacreontic Society (A gentlemen's club

of amateur musicians), who sang this song still exist?

If we think the Star Spangled Banner is hard to sing, try and sing the

original words. See them at:  (Go ahead, sing along sober and then try

it drunk)

http://www.potw.org/archive/potw234.html

Cheers,

Steve Barbone