[Dixielandjazz] Sicknin'

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 05:32:43 PST 2011

Bob:

Thank you very much for bringing up the subject. Last night during half-time
I was telling the same thing to my daughter and a few other people that I
was e-mailing.

I said that if their selection of Christina Aguilara was supposed to provide
some incentive for people to rush out and see her in "Burlesque" in which
she co-stars with Cher,  I believe it backfired and would be a deterrent to
wanting to see the movie.

I went on to say that I  had seen several country stars perform it at the
start of baseball and football games throughout both seasons that I thought
were pretty bad, but with Ms. Aguilara last night, they really scraped the
bottom of the barrel

As you might know. it is even worse during baseball than football season.
Oft times, after they have someone butcher the "Star Spangled Banner" before
the game, they'll bring someone back in the middle of the 7th inning to do
similar damage to "God Bless America"

Yes, I'm sure Mr. Keys must have been rolling over in his grave.

I wish just once, instead of having a live performance, they could just play
John McCormack's version over the p.a. system.  I have it on an audio
cassette taken off a scratchy old 78 kicking around here somewhere.  He even
did two verses..............and then, perhaps Kate Smith in the 7th

Tides
HC.

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts