[Dixielandjazz] Correct Pitch frequency? (was: correct pitch, Ory, Savoy Blues)

Phil Wilking philwilking at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 5 20:17:47 PST 2011

Late 19th and very early 20th century pianos were built for A = 435 cps.

The Harvard Dictionary of Music (hardback edition) has a whole article on
the various standards in various places in the last several centuries. For
large pipe organs (is there any othe kind?), the variation is extreme.

Phil Wilking

Those who would exchange freedom for
security deserve neither freedom nor security.