[Dixielandjazz] Brian Rust-- article from Journal of IAJRC by Horace Harris

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 13:11:10 PST 2011

Oh, the mention of Rex Harris and Brian Rust!
In the mid-fifties, they published "Recorded Jazz: A Critical Guide,"
to whidh I refer as "the Bible" to this day.  Not that I agree with
everything they say, as on should with the gospel; actually, I
consider myself lucky to have heard Red Nichols BEFORE reading the
Book, andf the ODJB - after.
Cheers