[Dixielandjazz] Roberto Clemente

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 4 15:34:20 PST 2011

Harry,

If you want to get the sheet music to "Roberto Clemente Rag", it's
available on the composer's website
http://www.davidthomasroberts.com/folios.asp
in a folio of 15 of his compositions.

Cheers,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

==============

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:35:53 -0600
From: Harry Callaghan<meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com>
To: Stephen G Barbone<barbonestreet at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Rio Clemente

[clip]

Since then, two DJML subscribers have contacted me offlist telling me that
quite coincidentally, someone did compose a ragtime number entitled "Roberto
Clemente" , I believe in 1978 in tribute to him.

As you might recall, Clemente who was Cuban died at age 38 in a plane crash
while transporting relief supplies to some country in Latin America.
Now why does the name of Fred's Farm sound familiar to me?  You say it's in
Lafayette, NJ?

Tides
HC