[Dixielandjazz] Correct Recordong Speed

dmr at domitype.com dmr at domitype.com
Wed Feb 2 09:09:32 PST 2011

Very interesting!

Has anybody done research on the keys of published sheet music (piano scores) vs. the pitch of the early jazz records? Also, any existing original charts that the bands actually used would be a good indication of their desired pitch.
 It seems to me that the transcriber/arrangers would write the commercial song sheets in the key of the recording, especially if it is an "easy" key.

Dave Richoux