[Dixielandjazz] Codes {was: RE: Can You Help This Lady?Fw: Your Post onSongbirds}

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:30:46 PST 2011

I am once again transported back to my youth.

I remember pestering my mother to buy me Ovaltine powdered chocolate drink
mix, which she so graciosly did even though it was more expensive than the
Hershey's Syrup that she was accustomed to using.

I removed the label and inserted it in an envelope with perhaps something
like 25-cents (which was a hefty hunk of change in the late-40s) a piece of
paper showing my name and address, and mailed it off to get my very own
Captain Midnight secret code ring.

And what was the secret code?..1-26 signifying the letters of the alphabet.
Not a really difficult one to break.

Ahh.....sweet memories.

Tides
HC