[Dixielandjazz] Doug Ramsey's Rifftides blog features young stride pianist--Stephanie Trick

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Tue Feb 1 07:47:04 PST 2011

To: DJML and Musicians & JazzFans lists

From:  Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Here's link to Doug Ramsey's blog on ArtsJournal.com.  Feature today is
video of talented young woman Stephanie Trick playing stride piano.  It's
worth watching; we think you'll be amazed.  Also when you see this You Tube
post, there was be others.

Don Wolff of St. Louis, a super jazz-fan and jazz radio announcer-hard to
say what his day-gig is, but his other gig is as a big-time criminal defense
lawyer-has own website and has about 65 jazz You Tube videos posted under
MrDonWolff.

He has some videos of Stephanie Trick and a number of videos posted from
previous Arbors Records Jazz Parties, among other sources.

( Don told me at the recent Arbors Jazz Party that he was retiring from his
law practice.  Said that he had to post under MrDonWolff on You Tube since
someone had already taken DonWolff.)

Several of us from Pensacola had opportunity to see/hear Stephanie Trick at
the recent Arbors  Piano Jazz Party in mid-January.  She is an invited guest
for the 2012 Arbors event.  See Arborsrecords.com for details.  Click on
Piano Jazz Party on the left column of the website.

http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides/

--end--