[Dixielandjazz] MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (was Can You Help This Lady)

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:40:37 PST 2011

That was no lady, that was my wife.

Allan made mention of the theme from "Magnificent Seven".

My fondest memory of the number was when I was a member of the volunteer
fire department in Port Jefferson, Long Island (1962-1975)

We had an outstanding drum & bugle corps that led us in parades throughout
the area,  with their perhaps most inspirational numbers being "MS" and "My
Buddy".

I remember particularly marching in a town called Kings Park that had very
narrow streets and the music reverberting off the numerous glass-fronted
buildings along their business district.

I can just hear them playing now and feel the urge to m

Incidentally, PJFD was organized in 1887.  I joined in its 75th anniversary
year, 1962, and while I hate to brag (sure) I was instrumental in providing
us with a 6-selection beer machine within my first year of membership.

Keeping the game going..........Trini Lopez

Tides
HC

--
Beware of Greeks bearing gifts