[Dixielandjazz] Last Call Late Night Jam This Week on Riverwalk Jazz

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 09:33:33 PST 2011

The show this week was recorded in 1999 at the Sacramento Jubilee at
the Crest Theater. It's a jam session that included members of the Jim
Cullum Jazz Band, Jon-Erik Kellso, Bill Allred and Hal Smith. If you
are unfamiliar with any of these players, now is a good time to learn
more about them. To quote Robin Williams doing Lawrence Welk, "Each
and every vun of dem a bitchin', boss, bad-ass-a mother****er in his
own a-right,"

Halo Smith: http://www.halsmithmusic.com/
Bill Allred: http://www.billallred.com/
Jon-Erik Kellso: http://www.kellsojazz.com/

BTW, I want more gigs with these guys. Please comply.

I remember this show because it swings particularly hard. I'm pretty
sure that Hal and Eddie Torres were teaming up on drums on most of the
tunes.

Also BTW, you don't need to wait until it comes on the air in your
area, you can stream it now here: http://riverwalkjazz.org.

Let me know how you make out with it.

Best,

mopo