[Dixielandjazz] Question about Banjos for Trad Jazz

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 26 06:33:37 PST 2011

Boy and what a wonderful can of worms it is!!

You bring tears to my eyes with this outpouring of knowledge! Thanks so much Phil!

Oh, to be so well-versed on a subject!

My expertise is teaching English grammar and I can get very passionate about this as well.

My passion is singing the music from the 20's and 30's and swing from the 40's Mildred Bailey - one of my favourites - along with Peggy Lee and Lee Wiley.

I am doing this research for my good friend and partner Jeff.  He soaks up knowledge like a sieve and now that he is retired, he will have tons of time to apply and practise.

Heading off on the www.jazzsea.com cruise out  of Fort Lauderdale on January 2nd where I plan to sing.

Getting really excited!

If you know of any other jazz cruises to recommend - I would sure like to hear about them!

Barbara Jordan