[Dixielandjazz] Marsalis, JRM & King Oliver

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 25 21:25:00 PST 2011

Stephen G Barbone wrote:
> Here are some previous Marsalis versions of JRM  Tunes. It will be interesting to see what comes out of this week's JRM / King Oliver sessions compared to these.
> Black Bottom Stomp  circa 1994
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n415tQQCWs&feature=related
> Smokehouse Blues  circa 1999
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtKQMjHkKRk
> Here is "Tight Like This" from 1999 concert. Note Bob Wilber in the front line.
>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xLA-pbuU8&feature=related

Dear Steve,
The first two performances also show the power and timelessness of JRM's arrangements and compositions.
Based on those performances, I for one will be looking forward to hearing tapes from the upcoming concert.
Here's another fine interpretation to add to your list:
"New Orleans Bump"
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4jjH9IxDJ4
Very kind regards,
Bill.