[Dixielandjazz] The River Boat Five on a Swinging Date

Drjazztb at aol.com Drjazztb at aol.com
Sat Dec 24 16:13:28 PST 2011

Hi, I just happened to come across a web site  listing some of Ed Reed's
albums and personnel.

My name is Ted Butterman and was the cornet  player on the Natchez To
Mobile, and Ma, They're Coming Down The Street  albums.

Regarding Dargon Fitch, he died many years ago  and in fact have a letter
he wrote me not long before he passed  away.

Regarding Ed Tedder, he was one of the best  Tenor Sax players I've ever
heard not to mention his Trumpet playing and his  Tuba, which he had to rent
before we went on tour in 1958 or '59. GREAT musician  and nice guy. His sax
solo on  "Someday Sweetheart" on one of those albums,  is a gem.

P.S. I'm still alive (at this  writing).