[Dixielandjazz] Geodixie

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Dec 21 05:51:48 PST 2011

I am the last person to try my hand at this suggested "GeoDixie" thing, but
I can say that I have done a simpler version several times during a long run
at a club....anything to add some fun!

I have found myself doing a little "geographical tour" with the tunes in a
particular set, quite by accident at first, later on purpose.  Started with
Chicago (the tune), then took a trip on to Indiana (Back Home Again...), on
down to New Orleans (the tune), and maybe then out to California
(Avalon...main city on Catalina Island off the coast of my home town, Long
Beach!).  There are gobs of ways to make that work.

Also, stuck with one composer over a set of 4 or 5 songs...like Ellington or
Fats.

Jim