[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Paris, France

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Dec 20 16:11:03 PST 2011

Too late to fully reply right now. I'll look into it tomorrow. I will
send the request to Sebastien Girardot (excellent upright bassist) and
Dave Kelbie (excellent guitarist) both of whom are Australian. Maybe
they can help their countrymen.

What does the youngun play? What dates will he be in Paris. Sancy Snow
Jazz, an excellent trad festival, is the third week of February. We play
Feb 18 & 19.

On the downside, January is pretty dead in France.

All the best, Gary

On 20/12/2011 18:57, Clive Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM, Clive Smith<scousersmith at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> *Greetings list mates.
>>
>> A friend of a friend living in Australia will visit Paris in the new year
>> with two of her youngsters. The boy, aged about 14, is a music student and
>> has OKOM as one of his favourites. He is very anxious to visit Jazz clubs
>> in Paris and would be cock-a-hoop if he could sit in with one of the bands
>> or, at least, visit and chat with the musos. I have no idea what his
>> competence level is but will leave that to the Parisians.
>>
>> I would much appreciate anyone sending me names and places that I could
>> recommend to the Aussies. You might want to send it to my personal gmail
>> address.
>>
>> Many thanks in anticipation. Oh, and a Merry Xmas to y'all...... and a
>> Prosperous 2012
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Clive Smith
>> New Orleans