[Dixielandjazz] Art vs. Entertainment

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 18 17:18:17 PST 2011

> Don Ingle <cornet at 1010internet.com> wrote (polite snip)
>
> Oh, Dear:
>
> The subject of Art or Entertainment rose again from the place where
> old
> threads go to die.  Like some Zombie from the place where
> redundancy lives an eternal life, that thread is again appearing this
> past week. . . . . .
>

> Perchance we can hold new services on these poor tattered remains of
> one
> hell of an old argument. If you like it, support it. If you don't,
> find
> a new hobby and let sleeping doggerels lie!

Hey Don:

When you are as old as you and me, ALL THREADS ARE OLD &  reappear. VBG

We've heard it all, time and again, haven't we? But then again, to
some folks it is new. Kinda like history, if we don't learn from it,
we are bound to repeat it.

No real snow here in Chester County, Southeast PA either other than a
dusting. My horses are still eating the pasture grass. No hard frosts
yet to kill it, so I'm saving a bundle on hay. This is the first time
since we've had horses, (1969) that they have been on the grass
through December and not needing hay yet. Yeah, ask me about global
warming. VBG.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband