[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Brazil

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 15:02:12 PST 2011

YES!  So far I've only listened to the first two, but you swing!   Not a
slouch among you.  Thanks for sharing.
Ginny

In a message dated 12/18/2011 4:10:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
titomartino at gmail.com writes:

Dear  Friends and Lismates

as you know, Jazz expanded all over the world, but  is not expected to be
cultivated
in Brasil, land of samba and  bossa-nova.

I'm proud to say that saturday dec. 10 the Tito Martino  Jazz Band got a
standing ovation
from more than 300 people at the  Auditorium in MASP, the famous Museu de
Arte de São Paulo.
It was the  tenth edition of my yearly end-of-the year Jazz Concert, and I
will send  some pics
to help you get an idea.    As soon as I learn how to  do it, for DJML.
We had two different Band formations, one with  vibes,
and for a change in a Concert,  a tiptaptoe dancer, three  couples of
lindy-hop dancers,
and a female jazz-singer appearing in one  tune each, and a final parade
with umbrellas.

When the complete  video is ready I will send a link.

Last saturday 17 we played in a very  underground place named Jazz nos
Fundos
(Jazz in the Bottom) at the rear of  a parking place.
Here is the complete video of first set, 50 minutes at  all, with  excelent
sound;

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/19212910

I beg  you to see the two first numbers at least, Girl of My Dreams and
Buddy  Bolden Blues,
and consider that all program was improvised at the stage and  sometimes
arranged
at the spot as you will see.    You can see  the lindy-hoppers enjoying
their dance at the rear.

My false start  at BBBlues?  I was looking to a short dress girl at the
first  row...
Don't miss the interesting New Orleans old style drumming of Billy  Ponzio
(some Baby Dodds, some Ray Baeuduc) at the end of Don't give up the  Ship,
beggining
39th minute, building to a happy improvised  climax.
Others are Carlos Lima cornet, Ari Giorgi piano (it's a Steinway!),  Zeca
Araujo bass,
Cid Junior banjo and guitar and Tito Martino clarinet  and soprano sax.
Some vocals by Tito and Carlos.

Wish you enjoy, and  to those who do, consider to be my Chirstmas & End of
the Year  gift.

cheer and beers

Tito

--