[Dixielandjazz] Lena Seikaly

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Dec 16 15:33:37 PST 2011

A few years ago a youth band from WA DC performed at the STJS sponsored Traditional Jazz Youth Band Festival,.  The next day they performed at our Jazz Sunday concert.  They had a singer,
Lena Seikaly, who knocked me out.  I couldn't believe this high-school girl was singing Jazz like a pro.

The next Fall I booked her to be a guest star at our monthly Jazz Sunday concert.  She knocked everyone out.

Here is an article about her from the Washington Post.  Evidently she is doing great!

I think it might be about time to have her back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/music-events/lena-seikaly,1218541.html

For information on the upcoming Youth Jazz Festival in Sacramento:
I believe there are still openings for any youth bands wanting to participate in the next youth Festival in Feb of 2012.

www.sacjazz.org/youthfestival

For info on the 39th annual Sacramento Music Festival, formerly the Sacramento Jazz Festival and Jubilee:

www.sacmusicfest.com

For info on the STJS, Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society:

www.sacjazz.org

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

Wireless Internet is like Sex.
You still want it,
even if it's unprotected and in a public place.