[Dixielandjazz] Another Festival Bites the Dust

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:13:59 PST 2011

This is a very strange phenomenon.
While jazz activities worldwide seem to be constantly eiminishing, the
situation in Israel appears to be reversed: we have more and more jazz
available.  Actually, a friend an I went to hear Swing de Gitanes in
Tel-Aviv last week, this Saturday we (I have no idea how many of my friends
will come, but I have a reservation for two) are going to hear The New
Orleans Function in Jaffa, and next Saturday - the Isradixie Band in Tel
Aviv.  The Isadixie seem to have been booked to appear once a month at the
Shablul (snail) in the Tel-Aviv Port (at present - a commercial and
entertainment site).
A Jazz quartet seems to have landed a weekly gig in a Jaffa cafe (I hope it
lasts - can't go the coming Wednesday, its first night),
Cheers