[Dixielandjazz] Lu Watters concert

Terence Coates terencejcoates at att.net
Mon Dec 12 17:49:25 PST 2011

Hello John,
                We have never met and, in fact, I know very few of the DJML
"members" personally. Many of those members will probably feel quite lucky after
this note.

    The point that I feel needs to be made about the furor over the Lu Watters
concert is that neither you, nor any of the other people involved in the
organisation of the event, nor any of the attendees needs, to apologise. You are
to be applauded for whatever your degree of involvement was!

   Basically, as I see it, this was an OKOM event organised on the basis of a
limited seating arrangement, and the other factors mentioned in your posts. With
that as background, it seems to me that the limited advanced "publicity" given
to the event was pretty logical. I must admit, I would have liked to be there!

What does bother me about this situation is that there are list members out
there who have nothing better to do, in effect,  than "piss and moan" about
someone - or some group - organising what appears to have been a fantasic
concert. These are the same people that, even if they did have advance notice,
would then have p and m'd because they could not get a ticket, due to the
limited seating available, or the event was too far from home for some(not
all) of them, or - - - ?

    Let's face it there are many, many OKOM sessions going on out there that we
are not all aware of, and some of us miss out on the good stuff from time to
time.

                                                  Best Regards, and KBO,

Terry.