[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Ball

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Dec 9 10:18:31 PST 2011

Just popped on a CD I haven't listened to in a long time.....Kenny Ball at
the Barbican Theater in London, 1990 (KAZ CD 11).
Guests added to Kenny Ball's band are Alker Bilk, George Chishom, Jack
Parnell & Monty Sunshine.  Not a bad lineup!

No gig tonite, so was looking for something to have a play along with.  This
is a great album, and great for a good play-along, also.
Nice break from the usual Sonatas, Etudes & Rhythmical Articulations
studies!!

Kenny Ball is one heck of a trumpeter.  I reported to djml on seeing him
live in Dublin a few years ago.  Commercial?  Dunno, that's what people say
when you mention this man's name!  I guess it is, but it's very good
Dixieland.  This is a must CD to have if it can be found.

By the way, anyone have a lead line & chords for "Snag It"?  It's one of the
songs on the CD.

Jim