[Dixielandjazz] RIP Ernie Bucio

Margaret Squires margeaux10 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 15:13:03 PDT 2011

A few of you on this list may know my friend Ernie.  He directed the Gottschalk
Music Center concert band and the Hilmar Community Band.  He had his own swing
band, The Ernie Bucio Little Big Band that performed several times for the
Sacramento Jazz Society and a latin band that performed at the Sacramento Jazz
Festival a few years ago.  He played in several groups in the Central Valley of
California.  The last 4 years he lead a group of musicians who performed in New
Orleans for the French Quarter Festival.  The Gottschalk Music Center concert
band performed at Carnegie Hall under his direction in March of this year.

Ernie had a massive stroke two weeks ago and passed away Saturday night.

I learned so much about music from Ernie.  RIP my friend.

Margaret