[Dixielandjazz] Re-send: RIP Jim Beebe - Turkel/Beebe CD offer.

M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 29 22:42:02 PDT 2011

Back in 2004, Dave Hanson of Georgia (Dave, you out there?) wrote the following to the list:

[begin quote]
Hello everyone !  I made an offer to all list mates to provide a copy of the Jim Beebe/Studs Terkel
PBS radio show, circa 1988. I referred to the recording as being aired in 1981, but actually it was, after refreshing my memory, in 1988, not that makes a significant difference, still good stuff.

I have had over 50 requests and I will fill them all,  it will just take a little longer than I thought, so please be patient with me. Thanks.

Jim was a special guy, which many of us witnessed personally, but more than that, an outspoken musician who
enjoyed the art of his craft and sharing stories about anything musical, and a lot of the stuff working musicians observe and endure on a daily basis.

Perhaps some of you that receive this CD, can burn it for others to enjoy.

Regards,

Dave Hanson
Trombone
Atlanta
[end quote]

If anyone would like a copy, I can follow Dave's suggestion in the last sentence and collect addresses for a while....