[Dixielandjazz] Arbors Records founder Mat Domber ill at home

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon Aug 29 12:27:19 PDT 2011

To: DJML and Musicians & Jazzfans lists

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Today I talked with Claudia Florczyk at Arbors Records in Clearwater.  I had
heard through friends that Mat Domber was ill and inquired what was
available for general public information.

In essence:  Mat has a diagnosis of cancer of the lung with metastasis to
the brain.  He's on chemotherapy and is at home eating and sleeping OK.
Treatment expectations:  palliation, not cure.  Wife Rachel is holding up
OK.

Claudia says that cards and letters would be welcomed.  Best address:

Mr. Mat Domber

Arbors Records

2189 Cleveland St. #225

Clearwater, FL 33765

Plans for the Arbors Piano Jazz Party in January are proceeding as
previously.  For details about the Jazz Party, see
www. ArborsRecords.com

Thanks all.

--end--