[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz changes

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Aug 28 18:22:47 PDT 2011

Jim O'Briant wrote:

> I might even drive the 2.5 - 3 hours to Sacto &
> buy a one day badge, to hear 2-3 sets by Pete Fountain.

Unfortunately I am not sure Fountain would be worth the money that it would cost us.  It is a shame to say but he does not have the name recognition that he used to have.

He hasn't been on the Tonight Show since Carson left in '92.  The younger people don't know who he is and their is not enough older folks to pay what he would cost us.  Of course, maybe his price has gone down from the last time we priced him.  But I don't think he is much interested in traveling any more.  He has to be 80 now or pretty close to it.

--Bob Ringwald