[Dixielandjazz] Tuba & String Bass

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sat Aug 27 21:28:41 PDT 2011

>>> One could ad quite a few people who did likewise.
>>
>> Hi Bert & Listmates:
>>
>> Change that past tense "who did likewise" to present tense "who do
>> likewise".
>>
>> Vince Giordano for starters. Now, who else does?

A search through my AUSTRALIAN JAZZ ON RECORD found 22 Australians who
recorded on both string bass and brass bass. Most names would mean little to
non Australians, but Harry Harman, still playing, made several trips to
America, including the Bix Festival at Davenport, with the New Wolverine
Jazz Orchestra, and is possibly known to some list mates.

And Lou Silbereisen (with Graeme Bell) and Jack Connelly (with Frank
Johnson) should be known to record collectors, although they are both no
longer with us.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell