[Dixielandjazz] Tuba & String Bass

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 19:45:42 PDT 2011

Jeff Wells of the Royal Society Jazz Orchestra does (when he comes
back to the band - he has been away for a while.)

There was a special King tuba that was made exactly for this - tall
and narrow (on a stand) so the bass player could switch quickly
between the two instruments.

http://www.horn-u-copia.net/instruments/White/King-tuba-pit.jpg

I think there were only 6 of these made - I have seen one in person.

Dave Richoux