[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Music Festival

Paul Kurtz Jr kurtzph at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 15:00:48 PDT 2011

Regarding the recent discussions about the Sacramento Music Festival, I'm glad it's still going and is as long as the schedule seems to indicate. Our people here have been struggling to keep a good Jazz Festival alive and have had to shrink venues, times, and move the festival time. I'm proud of what they'
ve tried to do even though the time's collided with International Trumpet Guild so it's recently been hard for me to participate.
We can argue semantics of name changes, issues of who parks where and where/if RVs can come in, and that's OK. But, we'd sure be about the business of selling/exposing the art to a new public (as many band people have reflected doing on here) because with city budgets and other funding sources being slashed to the bone, we need enough of a market share to continue to be relevant. Those are the realities of the world. (And believe me, I believe that most on this list are trying to do just that or the list itself wouldn't exist.)
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL