[Dixielandjazz] Regina Carter - Jazz Violinist

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:48:38 PDT 2011

Thanks, Steve!
Having heard Regina Carter before, I was dubious.  I watched an entire
performance on some TV channel or another, and after a while the
feeling of sameness creeped in.  Not here, though, at least - on the
first three videos. Could it be because of the rest of the band?  I
would not be surprised.  As to Anitra;s dance, I have herd more
"jazzy" versions.
Anyway, I miss the days 3Sat featured jazz a few times a week (at
first - twice, then - thrice).  True, being a dyed in the wool
traditionalist I did not like a lot of what they featured, but there
was a lot of OKOM as well.  Only yesterday I watched over an hour of
the Dutch Swing College Band taped off-3Sat.

Cheers