[Dixielandjazz] Oh Yeah Day

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Aug 13 14:35:50 PDT 2011

I have been thinking about Oh Yeah Day as conceived by our good friend and Listmate Tamas Ittzes.

While getting the audience to sing "Oh Yeah" is a great idea, audiences like to join in and sing for some strange reason, I think the movement would have a lot more chance of gaining worldwide acceptance if it were called "Louis Armstrong Day."

We may eventually get the day to be recognized as "Louis Armstrong Day" by our U.S. government.

It is all a matter of PR.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book."
-- Ronald Reagan, B2/6/1911 - D6/5/2004