[Dixielandjazz] CLARINET DAY (was: Dia Del Clarinetista)

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Aug 13 04:21:29 PDT 2011

Congratulations to all our clarinet players !

I did once manage to play "The Saints" on my granddaughter's clarinet when
she joined the school wind band (she's since given it up, unfortunately).
However, I'll be celebrating the day by playing:
Blue Clarinet Stomp (Dodds)
Clarinet Get Away (O'Bryant)
Clarinet Marmalade (Barbarin, Henderson, New Orleans Rhythm Kings, Rena)
Clarinet Marmalade Blues (Original Dixieland Jazz Band)
Clarinet Wobble (Dodds)
and, maybe, several other clarinet solos with other titles e.g. George
Lewis's 'Burgundy Street Blues'.
So I hope you'll all be playing so loud that I can hear you at the Arctic
Circle.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith