[Dixielandjazz] Oh yeah

Pat Ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 13 02:18:26 PDT 2011

I am all for a good rabble rousing audience participation idea like the Oh yeah thing and I am in generally in favour of anything to promote` Satchmo
.
However. Is it not possible to find something other than this awful, horrible, treacly, sentimental slushy nonsense, Wonderful World?
There are thousands of tunes associated with Louis do we HAVE to pick on this  yucky tripe.?

Having once been to an American wedding (an experience never to be repeated. I didn`t know whether to laugh or be sick)  I appreciate that there is a layer of sticky Hollywood induced sentimentality not far below the skin of most Americans but really there are limits.

Cheers

Pat  (Safe on the other side of the Atlantic)