[Dixielandjazz] Oh Yeah Day

Ittzés Tamás bohem at fibermail.hu
Sun Aug 7 06:39:53 PDT 2011

Hi Jim (and all who are interested),

I thought that everybody should entitle their videos "Oh Yeah Day in Madrid
(ie. their appropriate location)" then I will create a playlist of it. I
would also need the videos myself in the original quality in order to be
able to make a short compilation film. Ours in Kecskemet and the ones in
Hajduszoboszlo, Hungary have been recorded with 2 and 3 cameras so they
still need to be edited. I am also going away for a week in two days so I'll
deal with these later in August. The problem I faced with is that the
cameras must be behind the audience to get the sound but then there are no
faces - or the audience should be lighted (not in the dark) but in case of a
night concert it's not easy. So our recordings are not perfect, either. I
haven't seen them yet but we have several "takes" so I hope that some of
them will be good enough. Steve Barbone promised to send me their recordings
and I am waiting for one from Hungary plus I received one already.

I haven't heard from Bill Haesler and Ernie Landes if they will re-do their
stuff in Sydney and Arizona for a recording, I have no clue if Tito Martino
had someone to make a recording in Sao Paulo or not and I haven't heard from
Jim Ivy and Bria Skonberg/Bill Dendle about how their Oh Yeah Day went in
Texas and California. Guys, let me know if you have any news. Thanks,

Tamas

---
ITTZÉS Tamás
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival director
www.bohemragtime.com
www.OhYeahDay.com
Address: H-6001 Kecskemét, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone (classical): +36(20)82-447-82
Phone (jazz): +36(20)960-7169
E-mail (classical): ittzes.tamas at gmail.com
E-mail (jazz): info at bohemragtime.com
---
Join us and make Aug 4 the International Day of Classic Jazz!
Be part of a great worldwide event!
Support at www.OhYeahDay.com